Dr. Johana Kambo Gathongo Publications
Publications in Journals:
- Dr Gathongo JK “Internship: A Bridge to Employment or a Trap to a Disguised Employment Relationship?” (2021) Journal of cmsd Vol 7(1) page 1-22
- JK Gathongo “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace” 2019 Vol 39 No.5 Journal of the Institute of People Management 14-25.
- JK Gathongo “Towards an effective Kenyan labour dispute resolution system: A comparison with the South African labour dispute resolution system and International Jurisprudence” 2018 Vol 2 Obiter 27.
- JK Gathongo “Resolving Essential Services Disputes in Kenya: The 2017-2018 Doctors, Nurses and Clinical Officers Strikes Revisited – Lessons from South Africa.” Potchefstroom Electronic Law Journal Vol 23 2019.
- JK Gathongo & Loshni Govender “Towards a fair hearing for all Kenyan employees: A case of probationary employee’s right to be heard prior to dismissal.” Accepted: Potchefstroom Electronic Law Journal Vol 23 2019.
- JK Gathongo “Equality and Freedom from Discrimination: A Critical Evaluation of section 5(3) (a) Employment Act 14 of 2007 and the Proposed Amendment.” Journal of Law & Ethics 2019.
- JK Gathongo “Towards Equal Pay for Education of Equal Value: A Case of Non-Southern African Development Community (SADC) International Students in South Africa” and lessons from Larbi-Odam and Others v MEC for Education (North-West Province) and another (1998) 1 SA 745 (CC) – Under peer review at Obiter Law Journal 2019.Work in progress
- JK Gathongo. “The Future of Collective Bargaining in Kenya – Time for a different approach? Lessons from South Africa” (in progress).Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- JK Gathongo “International Conference on Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) or SI (Supplemental Instruction) international Leaders.” Organised and hosted by the University of Manchester Teaching and Learning Support Office Directorate for the Student Experience, UK. Held on 4th – 6th November 2014 in Manchester, United Kingdom.
- JK Gathongo “International Conference UK PASS National Leader conference.” Organised and hosted by the University of Edinburgh Teaching and Learning Support Office Directorate, Held on 7th – 9th November 2014 in Scotland, United Kingdom.
- JK Gathongo“The future of Peer Support: International Conference for UK Peer Assisted Study Sessions. Hosted by the University of Edinburgh Teaching and Learning Support Office Directorate. Held on 7th – 9th November 2014 at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom.